Copy and Paste between views. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Copy and Paste between views.

Last post 03-06-2020 08:56 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2020 07:53 AM

Copy and Paste between views.

Are there any tricks to facilitate copying and pasting parts of a form between views? Copying a whole view and pasting it into another view generally works (although background colors in the controls may fade). But I am unable to move a few rows from one view into another. If I get changes demanded from the field, I implement them in the 'new item' view first. Then I'd like to copy those rows and paste them into the 'edit' view, but no dice! I use a blank, merged row to paste into. But the paste always comes out garbled. Whatever lengthy adjustment I do in the new item view I am forced to do again the same way in all the other views. Isn't there a shortcut?
  • 03-06-2020 08:00 AM In reply to

Re: Copy and Paste between views.

If you are talking about layout table rows, yeah, that can be a pretty bad experience. What usually works for me is to type some text in the row I wish to paste the row over to, highlight the text inside the row, then paste to replace it (if that makes sense).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-06-2020 08:52 AM In reply to

Beautiful! That enabled pasting multiple rows, densely full of controls. You just made my life much easier! One caveat: for it to work right, I had to set all the padding on the receiving cell to zero. Thanks
  • 03-06-2020 08:56 AM In reply to

Awesome, glad that worked for you.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.