InfoPath 2013 form "shakes", visual glitch - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2013 form "shakes", visual glitch

Last post 03-05-2020 07:56 AM by Froman. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2020 11:29 AM

InfoPath 2013 form "shakes", visual glitch

I've got an infopath form with 4 page views that connects to a SharePoint List. I've modified the form quite extensively and everything has been good so far, but recently when I select information from any control other than text fill the form twitches/shakes. This only happens in one view, I've tried removing and re-adding a few of the controls but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. is this a known issue in infopath? Or is there anything I could try to get the form to stop glitching? Thanks Thanks
  • 03-03-2020 11:36 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2013 form "shakes", visual glitch

Oh yuck! I suppose I'd start with creating a new view, and just copy everything from the shaky view to the new view to see if it reproduces there. Then, if it does, I'd start removing controls from the copy, to see if I could narrow down a specific thing in the view that might be causing this....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-03-2020 12:05 PM In reply to

thanks, I was afraid of that. was really hoping that it perhaps was a known issue and I stumbled into it. restart it is then :)
  • 03-03-2020 12:43 PM In reply to

Well - and I'm lazy, so like I said, I would just create a new test view, copy everything out of the shaky view and paste it into the new view, then give myself an easy way to get that new view (test button or something) so you can find out fast if just a new view will fix it. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-04-2020 12:37 PM In reply to

thanks, I actually removed a data connection and that seemed to fix the problem, I think it might be related to the server unfortunately
  • 03-04-2020 12:44 PM In reply to

Oh YUCK. Were there any controls in the view that used that data connection? Like, for a calculated value or default or some other control bound directly to it? If you re-add it does the problem re-occur?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-05-2020 07:56 AM In reply to

i was using a data connection for a MSLB and displayed the same control 3 times with filtered values on that view. Once I removed this and entered the selections manually it stopped shaking. I already have three data connections (cascading drop down) on this form, I'll probably have to talk to IT to see if I can get more bandwidth for SharePoint. thanks for the help though!
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.