Error Message - Submit Repeating Data / Web Service - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Error Message - Submit Repeating Data / Web Service

Last post 02-25-2020 02:47 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2020 01:01 PM

Error Message - Submit Repeating Data / Web Service

Hello all: I keep receiving this error message after I used the 'Submit repeating data to a SharePoint List using CAML' strategy. When I preview the InfoPath form, the data is submitted from the repeating table to the SharePoint list. When I try to submit the form in SharePoint I receive the following error message: The form cannot be submitted because this action would violate cross-domain restrictions. If this form template is published to a SharePoint document library, cross-domain access for user form templates must be enabled under InfoPath Forms Services in SharePoint Central Administration, and the data connection settings must be stored in a UDC file in a data connection library in the same site collection. If this is an administrator-approved form template, the security level of the form must be set to full trust, or the data connection settings must be stored in a UDC file by using the Manage data connection files option under InfoPath Forms Services in SharePoint Central Administration An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server. Log ID:5758 Correlation ID:8acb389f-d088-9000-4957-7a03574f79de Any idea how to fix this problem?
  • 02-25-2020 02:07 PM In reply to

Re: Error Message - Submit Repeating Data / Web Service

Is the list you are submitting to on the same site as the library you have published the form to?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-25-2020 02:25 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary: Yes, the list is on the same site as the form library. I find it strange that it works in the InfoPath preview but not SharePoint, but I'm stuck and not sure what to do next.
  • 02-25-2020 02:30 PM In reply to

Well, InfoPath preview is not the same as InfoPath in the browser, unfortunately. So we do see stuff like this sometimes, where the form works in preview but not in the browser. I am surprised you are getting a cross-domain message tho, when the list you are submitting to and the library the form are published to are on the same site. So - your data connection to the Lists service uses the same site URL as the site your form is published to? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to save a copy of your form (as a backup) and try converting the data connection to UDCX.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-25-2020 02:41 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary: Yes that is correct, they both have the same site URL. I'm not familiar with converting the data connection to UCDX, is the process complicated?
  • 02-25-2020 02:47 PM In reply to

No, but a little tricky to undo, which is why I suggest creating a copy of your form. In the manage data connections window, you should be able to select your lists webservice connection and click the button to convert the connection - create a list for these on your site first, so you have a place to put it (data connection lists are the type of list to create).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.