Moving a Completed Item from One SP site to Another - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Moving a Completed Item from One SP site to Another

Last post 02-27-2020 07:40 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2020 07:27 AM

Moving a Completed Item from One SP site to Another

I have an InfoPath form. When the user changes the Resolution Status to Complete, it sends a copy of the form to a Complete SP site, however; it leaves the form on the active site. In the past, I used SP Designer to copy the item to the Completed repository and delete the item from the active site. Is there a way to do this using InfoPath only? My code in my file is: When Resolution Status = Complete (a notification is sent to the Requestor, Ship Mgr & Rec Mgr) When Resolution Status = Complete (the form is sent to the Complete SP Repository) What's missing is when resolution status = Complete, I also want the form deleted from the active repository. Any ideas? I have attached the form.
  • 02-25-2020 07:36 AM In reply to

Re: Moving a Completed Item from One SP site to Another

You'll have to use workflow for at least the delete from the original library portion - just submitting the XML to a new location will not remove it from the original library. You might want to submit first to the original library with a status of complete, then in your rules, also submit to the new location, then your workflow only needs to delete items where status = complete.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-26-2020 08:24 AM In reply to

Thank you for your response Hillary, So the question is, what code do I use to instruct it to delete from the current site? I have 2 rules right now. 1st rule sends email notification when Resolution Status = Complete (concat("The Material Discrepancy for ", MatlNo, " on ", TranOrderNo, " has been COMPLETED")) 2nd rule copies (submits) file to the Completed Repository when Resolution Status = Complete (http://teamsource.lennoxintl.com/proj/SupplyChainLogistics/COMPLETED%20IMD/) 3rd rule what is available to choose from to make it delete (see attachment screenshot) or how would the workflow look? Is there a variable that I can use in a workflow that says if field X = Complete then delete??
  • 02-27-2020 07:40 AM In reply to

I mean, you can have a condition in a SharePoint workflow, right? So just promote field x and then in your SPD workflow, if field x = Complete, delete the file? Another option would be keep all the files in the same library and just use library views to determine what shows, of course (which is the route I would take rather than moving files around and deleting things).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.