Knowing which View I’m in when a browser form is created from a URL link which includes ‘&DefaultView=XXX’ - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Knowing which View I’m in when a browser form is created from a URL link which includes ‘&DefaultView=XXX’

Last post 02-12-2020 10:22 AM by merley72. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2020 10:22 AM

Knowing which View I’m in when a browser form is created from a URL link which includes ‘&DefaultView=XXX’

Hi

I currently have a browser form for new documents which is used through Office 365 and it gets launched from a web-page using a Links webpart on the page.  The form has three views in it which I’ll call AAA, BBB and CCC for this example.  On the Links webpart are three URL links and each opens up the same form, but into a different View by using the ‘ &DefaultView=AAA (BBB / CCC) ‘ as an appendix to the URL. 

It’s great and all would be well except that I need a field in the form to be set to be the name of the relevant View used at creation/first opening time.  The reason for this is that a choice field uses the AAA, BBB or CCC as part of a lookup criteria for Approval names.  So if it’s an AAA version it displays John, Fred and Mary in the Approval list, but if it is a BBB, then I want Mary, Peter and Susan to display.

Obviously I can set the default of that field to be AAA, but I’d like it to automatically change to BBB or CCC as appropriate.  If there was some way I could inherit the XXX from the ‘DefaultView=’ part of the URL into the field I’d be happy, but I’m struggling with this.  It all needs to happen with no user interaction at all really. 

Please ask any questions you need if I’ve not been specific enough and I will be very grateful if anyone can suggest a way for this bearing in mind it is an Office 365 application.  Thanks in advance.  Alan C.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.