Button to Change views - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Button to Change views

Last post 02-10-2020 08:01 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2020 11:33 AM

Button to Change views

I currently have a form that is for a multistage approval  process upon the last approval the form is opened in read only from that point forward.  What has been requested is a way that an admin/super user can go back into the form and edit it.  If at all possible i would like to just add a button that is controlled either by a list of users or a SharePoint group (whichever is easier) to click into an admin view that switches to either an admin view or back to the original new entry view where then can edit any of the fields necessary.

Tom

• 02-07-2020 03:23 PM In reply to

I think a list of users is easiest. I would have the column with the user information just be a person or group picker - then when you connect to the list from InfoPath, you can disable the button if none of the values in that list column match the current user (using the userName()) function).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-10-2020 04:26 AM In reply to

I seem to have all the pieces but this is the first time i have built this type of control, so I am not familiar with the username function.  How do I set the rule to make it visible to just those users, as I am trying to accomplish this i only seem to be able to hide the button not make it visible to the correct users.?

• 02-10-2020 08:01 AM In reply to

If you are able to hide the button successfully, you can just change the condition for hiding it to use "the expression" in the first dropdown and wrap the entire expression in a not().
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.