Culprit found? Removing   inserted by InfoPath for Multi-line textboxes - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Culprit found? Removing   inserted by InfoPath for Multi-line textboxes

Last post 01-30-2020 07:40 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2020 08:58 AM

Culprit found? Removing   inserted by InfoPath for Multi-line textboxes

So I finally found the culprit that causes InfoPath Multi-line textbox to not "word wrap" its content when submitted through email. After doing some comparison and examine the email source. It is found that the spaces between words are replaced by Infopath with " "s. Which prevents word-wrap to wrap the words. Is there a way to either stop this encoding (perhaps not the best idea), or fix the  's after the email is generated?
  • 01-29-2020 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: Culprit found? Removing   inserted by InfoPath for Multi-line textboxes

I think I just answered my own question, well, to be more precise - I just found an alternative/workaround - Create a Rich Text box in the form, create a rule to copy the value from the multi-line and dump it there. Create further rules to toggle on/off the two textboxes on editing/submission.
  • 01-29-2020 12:45 PM In reply to

The above work-around is soon discarded because it does not copy over the line breaks.
  • 01-29-2020 02:06 PM In reply to

Does an expression box work instead of a text box?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-30-2020 06:42 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I assume you meant calculated value in the version of InfoPath I have? as I could not find expression box in it. If that is the case, the caculated value field does not honor the line breaks from the textbox. I ended up using the Rich Text Box, although it does not work when I publish it as a web part in SharePoint, it actually works if I start off everything with a list form and as long as it is opened up in its own new newifs.aspx page...which is strange.
  • 01-30-2020 07:40 AM In reply to

Yes, sorry - Expression box was the early InfoPath version and the one that sticks in my head.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.