Displaying List Item(s) in Infopath, Filtered by Lookup List Information - Query and xPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Displaying List Item(s) in Infopath, Filtered by Lookup List Information - Query and xPath

Last post 01-29-2020 08:49 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2020 01:50 PM

Displaying List Item(s) in Infopath, Filtered by Lookup List Information - Query and xPath

See attached zip file for images! Hello! I’ve been working helping build an Infopath list, and it’s grown into something that’s beyond my skills - and I’m reaching out to see if I can get some support. My Situation: I have 3 lists: List 1 – Location (1 column, title) List 2 – Names (2 columns, name + a lookup to the location (can select multiple locations). List 3 – Infopath List What I want: When they pick a location in the infopath form, I want the names to automatically appear (e.g. when they pick location 2, individuals with that location are shown). What I’ve done so far: 1) I’ve added the data connections. 2) I added a Rule on the locations list to query the data connections List My coding skills are VERY basic and I don’t know xPath, so I tried building something with lots of hidden columns and workflows, but I couldn’t get name with multiple location lookups (e.g. Judy) to appear). I know Lookups are stored as ID’s, but not sure how to best make this work. If you have any guidance, that would be MUCH appreciated. Best, Spencer
  • 01-28-2020 04:34 PM In reply to

Re: Displaying List Item(s) in Infopath, Filtered by Lookup List Information - Query and xPath

I think that you will need to query the Names list when the form loads, instead of when the selected locations change if you allow them to select multiple locations. I think you need to just use conditional formatting on the section that displays name to hide it if the location is not equal to any of the selected locations.... I'm going to guess that the Location in the Names list is actually the ID for the location, since it's a lookup. Any chance I can see a copy of your form? It would be easier for me to give you a hand.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-28-2020 05:49 PM In reply to

Re: Displaying List Item(s) in Infopath, Filtered by Lookup List Information - Query and xPath

See attached file! Thank you so very much.
  • 01-28-2020 05:56 PM In reply to

OMG, I just realized my error...it's sitting right in front of me. On the filter, it says "Value." When I changed it to "All occurrences of Value" it worked!!!! Thank you! really appreciate the support. Infopath is pretty cool...
  • 01-29-2020 08:49 AM In reply to

Great job figuring it out :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.