Grayed out data connection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Grayed out data connection

Last post 01-14-2020 11:50 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2020 12:50 PM

Grayed out data connection

I have one extra data connection to look up user info. I added a third data connection to look up choices for cascading drop down lists. Then I found out that is not supported for browsers, and I didn't need it anyway. Now I am stuck with this extra "Choices" data connection which is grayed out and won't let me view or delete it. I don't know if it is slowing me down, but this big list is pretty slow. Any idea how else I might delete this data connection? Thanks, Pete
  • 01-14-2020 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: Grayed out data connection

Have you removed the column that was the lookup from the list? There should a button someplace on the form in design mode (I think under data) that refreshes the form data source - I'd guess if the lookup column is removed from the list, refreshing the fields would remove the data connection.... have you tried that?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-14-2020 09:31 AM In reply to

I deleted all candidate choice fields temporarily just for good measure. The dead data connection won't budge. I suspect it is another 'sticky relic', like the design check warning I get that 'merged print views are not supported' even after I undid my attempt at merged view printing. I'll probably just tolerate them, since they don't obviously bother anything.
  • 01-14-2020 11:40 AM In reply to

I was wrong about the choices data connection. It appears whenever I add any drop down control to a form. It is apparently a normal connection.
  • 01-14-2020 11:50 AM In reply to

This is a list form, right? So - yeah, if you have a dropdown in a list form, I think you end up with a Choices data connection that you can't change.... I'm guessing that if you have a lookup in the list form, the data connection might have the name of the lookup in it.... but I'm not sure.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.