Cannot change existing data connection as it asks to sign in. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cannot change existing data connection as it asks to sign in.

Last post 10-24-2019 08:58 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2019 02:30 AM

Cannot change existing data connection as it asks to sign in.

Hi, Long time since I've been here. I cannot modify the existing data connection of an InfoPath form published to a library. There is no custom code involved. We use SharePoint Online and Form Libraries. InfoPath 2013 is signed into with me organisational account. When trying to change the data connection it asks me to sign in to the root domain of the tenant. I'm not sure if the root domain is relevant or not but it doesn't identify any of my username and password combinations. I only have one current single sign on for my organisational account. Any ideas? It's stopping me from supporting our customers who still rely on InfoPath. PS. I can create a new, identical connection and modify that one but none of the existing ones. As said it asks me to login. C
  • 10-21-2019 03:48 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot change existing data connection as it asks to sign in.

Does the data connection point to a different SharePoint tenant than your orgs tenant? If so, you'd need to be able to connect to that tenant to update the data connection....Do your customers who rely on InfoPath provide you with a login for their Office 365 SharePoint site?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2019 08:20 AM In reply to

hi Hilary, No it doesn't point to any other tenant. Yes they all login using the Office 365 sso they are all given. Problem is with me trying to modify data connections. I can publish fine. C
  • 10-24-2019 08:23 AM In reply to

Weird. If you sign into the root site and select the remember me option - does that help? Oh - another thought, have you tried creating a new data connection?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2019 08:42 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Yes I can make new data connections fine. Just not allowed to modify existing. Trouble is there are a bunch of connections which I have no idea where they point, and can't get into them to see before I can replicate them. Oh well I guess PowerApps and spfx is the way forward. SharePoint Designer 2010 workflows are no longer publishable right now either! C
  • 10-24-2019 08:58 AM In reply to

Save the form as source files - you should be able to find the data connection info in the manifest, including the URLs and list names. I use 7-Zip for this, but you can also go to the publish menu to save as source files.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.