Ideas for a Request Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Ideas for a Request Form

Last post 09-20-2019 12:03 PM by JohnSM. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2019 07:47 AM

Ideas for a Request Form

I have a SP List of Library periodicals that gets routed. I need to create a Request form for these materials and not a form to add an new Item to the List.

Is this even possible? I'm not sure how to implement such a beast.

Thanks for any suggestion,
    John 

• 09-20-2019 08:27 AM In reply to

Re: Ideas for a Request Form

Hmmmm. So - does the request from need to update the list at all? I mean - I would think even that could be done via workflow, if there is a one-to-one relationship between requests and periodicals (i.e., user can only select a single periodical per request) - can you maybe provide a bit more info on what you need to build? :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-20-2019 08:43 AM In reply to

The List does not need to get updated. I would just have the request emailed. I am not tracking you requests what. This List only holds the available routed materials.

I need a form that lists all the materials. I have a Yes/No field for them to indicate which materials they want.

When I create an InfoPath form from the list, it's just a form for updating the list. It doesn't have the actual List of materials. 

• 09-20-2019 09:50 AM In reply to

You'd need to create another form in InfoPath - just open InfoPath designer and select New > Blank Form. Add a data connection to your list of materials. You could either use a multiple select bound to the main data source to allow them to select materials, or you can drag the repeating node from your data connection onto your form and repurpose another field in the list for your Yes/No checkbox. Since you are just emailing this and don't need to save it, that would probably be ok. You could also use the default data approach to "copy" the secondary data in the main data source, but that may be over-kill.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-20-2019 12:03 PM In reply to

Thanks Hilary. That worked great!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.