Infopath 2013 - Calculate values from multiple drop down list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2013 - Calculate values from multiple drop down list

Last post 09-21-2019 09:56 PM by lionheart2308. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-18-2019 12:54 AM

Infopath 2013 - Calculate values from multiple drop down list

HI, I have a form made with Infopath 2013. The form has 3 drop down list (values of these drop list are : Approved, Rejected, Pending Then down the form below, I have 3 fields (Sum of Approved), Sum of Rejected, Sum of Pending). If drop down list 1 has (Approved) and drop down list 2 has (Rejected) and drop down list 3 has (Approved). I want to have the sum of these drop down list in the appropriate field of SUM So for example the field : Sum of Approved should have the value of (2) and the field of Sum of Rejected should have (1) and Sum of Rejected (0). Am not sure if the SUM or COUNT should be used here. Appreciate your help.
  • 09-18-2019 08:25 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2013 - Calculate values from multiple drop down list

You'll use the sum function. When you select the value field (which is repeating) you should be able to click the Filter data button and add a filter - where you'd pick the dropdown field, then is equal to, then type in the value (like Approved or Rejected or what-have-you). That gets you the correct sum! Feel free to attach your form under the options tab to a reply and I can help you with this.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-18-2019 10:25 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I see your name almost all over InfopathDev.com :) that is great. Thank you for your kind response. Frankly i couldn't do it myself, so i am attaching the form here maybe you could take a look please. Appreciate your kind help. regards
  • 09-19-2019 08:23 AM In reply to

Oh, it is a list form, which slightly changes the answer, since you aren't dealing with repeating data. Is it the Credential Status that will have the options of "Approved" etc?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-19-2019 08:37 AM In reply to

I made a guess on which dropdowns were involved and added calculated values that I think will work for these. Save the attached file locally. Right click, select design. Then preview to see if this works the way you need - if not, let me know and we'll try again. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-21-2019 09:56 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Sorry for not coming back to you earlier. Yes this is exactly what i need . its the calculated values that made it work. Great work & Thank you so much for you kind help. Have a wonderful day.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.