Infopath 2013 forms failing in Sharepoint 2013 (but no changes made to form design) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2013 forms failing in Sharepoint 2013 (but no changes made to form design)

Last post 07-09-2019 04:50 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2019 08:56 AM

Infopath 2013 forms failing in Sharepoint 2013 (but no changes made to form design)

Hello, 

I'm a newbie to Sharepoint 2013 and Infopath 2013, I've just inherited an 'on premises' sub site.

We use a number of Infopath 2013 forms, and recently (at end of May 2019), the majority of users now report ' Infopath cannot submit' errors, although no changes have been made to the Infopath forms for nearly a year. 

After experimenting, and with all users using IE11.

It appears that for an Infopath 2013 form:

a) for the majority of users: there is 'infopath  failure to submit' EVEN when no validation is present in the InfoPath form (or Sharepoint list),

b) for a smaller number of users: they are still able to submit as expected,

c) for all users: the calendar picker is disabled, and

d) some users seem to be able to (sometimes) save text and choice fields etc, but 'numbers' appear blank in the Item submitted to the SharePoint List.

The native forms work as expected for all users in all cases so I'm working around the problems with some very unfriendly default user entry forms. 

Any ideas about possible cause(s), resolution(s) or similar experiences would be most welcome.  

I am aware (thanks to your forum) of the May security issue and the 'change in 'Customise List' clicking behaviour.

Do you know which specific security path hay have caused iInfoPath issues, and if/when a fix is scheduled? I'm hoping it it might magically fix our current issues. 

Thank you.

Jonathan.

Jonathan
  • 07-08-2019 11:59 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2013 forms failing in Sharepoint 2013 (but no changes made to form design)

Are your users using InfoPath filler forms? Or browser forms? Or a mix? What version of Windows?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-09-2019 07:40 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2013 forms failing in Sharepoint 2013 (but no changes made to form design)

Hello, thanks for your reply.

The forms are all browser-based for a mix of Windows 7, and Windows 10 users.

Each form  'type' (either using just date/text, or date/text/number) uses an xml  data source to support cascading lookups, and each SharePoint list is linked to Access 2016

We are currently upgrading all users to Windows 10 this year.    

It appears (but I still need to confirm with the users) that (at least some of the) Windows 7 users are entering data as expected for 'date/text', and 'date/text/number' based forms. 

For the affected Windows 10 users: they can submit the forms as expected IF the InfoPath form uses only 'date' and 'text' fields.

However, if the Windows 10 user submits for an Infopath form also using  'number', then 'Unable to submit is shown' - even though no validation is present in the Form or List. 

Regards.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan
  • 07-09-2019 04:50 PM In reply to

I use Windows 10 / InfoPath 2013. I've never seen anything like this. :) Feel free to attach one of your templates to a reply - maybe I can see if the issue reproduces for me. Are the Windows 10 machines up-to-date with patches? EDITED to remove some text - sorry, got this question confused with a different one!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.