How to populate a people picker return with email address to send an email. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to populate a people picker return with email address to send an email.

Last post 07-09-2019 04:56 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2019 02:43 AM

How to populate a people picker return with email address to send an email.

Hi All, I have created a query form where our customers can contact my team in work but i am facing an issue where the email function is not sending the email, i am no expert on info path but i assume it is something to do with the people picker field, my data connections are set up and assigned to the submit button but when submit button is clicked an error shows in the browser? The people picker auto populates as Byrne, Ryan instead of email? and when i hover over this it is showing as my network log on and corporate ID instead of the usual email Please help Thanks
  • 07-08-2019 04:54 PM In reply to

Re: How to populate a people picker return with email address to send an email.

Is this an on-prem SharePoint server? Or are you using SharePoint Online? If on-prem, I'd start by checking the ULS logs (or ask your server admin to check the logs). Also is this a list form from a customized list?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-09-2019 01:17 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Hi Hilary, I am not 100% sure i am on my work network, so i believe its a prem share point server owned by my company. I will start by contacting site admin, Do you think the issue is maybe the people picker? As you see on the screenshot below the email shown is not actually the email, it should be Ryan.Byrne@jti.com.. Ryan
  • 07-09-2019 04:30 AM In reply to

Hilary, let me show you the form when i preview in info path and submit the query, as you can see the email is populating as something which is not my email?? How do i fix this so it sends the form to an actual email (Ryan.Byrne@jti.com) would i need to use the text box option rather than people picker?..
  • 07-09-2019 04:56 PM In reply to

I think you need to add a data connection to the SharePoint user profile service, then get the email by setting the query field for GetUserProfileByName to the account ID of the people picker, execute the query, and get the returned mail value. https://claytoncobb.com/2009/06/21/userprofileservice-extended/is an old article but has good details on this.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.