Dropdown list - conditional formating - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dropdown list - conditional formating

Last post 07-08-2019 12:32 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-08-2019 01:27 AM

• DECOVT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-21-2019
    • Posts 1

Dropdown list - conditional formating

Hello I am a new starter on InfoPath and i would like to ask for help I have a dropdown list with 10 options. This list comes from a secondary data source in sharepoint I would like to create a conditional formatting which works after the user selected a particular option, the colour changed to "green" for example. Is there a way to do that?
  • 07-08-2019 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: Dropdown list - conditional formating

Can you describe this with a little more detail? So - the user selects an option from a dropdown list in the form, and then a different section in the form is highlighted a different color based on their selection? Are they selecting the color?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-08-2019 12:15 PM In reply to

• ANDREV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-20-2019
    • Posts 1

Hello Hillary The user selects an option and once the selection is made, the option itself changes its colors. Such as There are 5 options option 1 option 2 option 3 option 4 option 5 The user selects option 1. This options will be highlighted as "green". The color selection will be a conditional formatting based on a rule that I am trying to figure out how to do it
    Filed under: ,
  • 07-08-2019 12:32 PM In reply to

We can only conditionally format the entire control - we can't highlight just a specific item in the drop down list. Here's a sample with simple formatting rules on the dropdown. Right click the link in the post header, and save the linked file locally. Right click the saved file and select design. From there you can preview the form and select an option. The formatting rules are on the dropdown.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.