Possible to "examine" a calculated field? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Possible to "examine" a calculated field?

Last post 07-05-2019 09:03 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2019 02:42 PM

Possible to "examine" a calculated field?

I have a calculated field that determines if a certain whole number is even, by dividing the number by two, then subtracting the rounded version of the result by a precise version of it. If I do this in a calculated column it comes out great; 0.5 if an odd number, 0 if an even number. This is not for display, however. I want another rule to "examine" the outcome and do actions based on said outcome, but it doesn't seem possible to do this without binding the formula to a column.

Obviously the value is of no use to record, so I don't want to go that route. I only need it as an IF/THEN result in my form.

Is this possible? If not and I have no choice but to put it in a column, how would this best be done? As an experiment I did try putting the formula into the Default value of a text box (formatted as a number) but it did not seem to work.
  • 07-05-2019 09:03 AM In reply to

Re: Possible to "examine" a calculated field?

In InfoPath, you should be able to use the mod function for this - like my:field1 mod 2 will return 0 if even and 1 if odd. See attached sample, save locally, right click and select Design then preview.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.