Data connection to a repeating list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Data connection to a repeating list

Last post 07-22-2019 04:52 AM by Nicolas68. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2019 12:55 AM

Data connection to a repeating list

Hello, I hope to write in the right section. I know that what I’m trying to do is a bit tricky 😉 PURPOSE I’d like to create an issue formular who require more than one action by issue. TOOLS Library Form is good, but all data are stored inside the formular. I can’t export them to a list like a database (Or maybe I don’t know how to do that^^) So I decided to use a repeating list. OVERVIEW The first action (Create New item) works fine. Users fill-in the title (Name of my issue), the due date etc... and then fill in the action list with Responsible/Action title/Due date by clicking on "Add items" for each action to do. I add preceding-sibling rules in order do not repeat the Title and date and all other field which could bother user when filling the form. After save my issue the result is fine. All my actions are clearly visible in SharePoint like a database (as I wanted 😉) ISSUE When I want return in my issue in order to change or add an action, the formular is totally empty … (Except the first action field…the one I clicked) I tried to add a data connection/query and link it to a menu for selecting the issue which need to be change. It works at half…. All actions are populated in my formular (By all, I mean, all actions from the list !!! and not the specific actions from my issue selected in the menu) and the rest of the fields (Date/Who/Due date etc …) are empty. Only actions are populated ☹ I tried to add a filter but same issue. TO DO I would like to know if you have a solution to display/populate all fields in my formular when I select an issue in my menu. I don’t know if my explanation are clears. My English knowledge are limited (Come from France) and I’m sorry if I don’t use the right technical language. Hope you could help me Have a nice day
  • 06-28-2019 09:05 AM In reply to

Re: Data connection to a repeating list

Could you attach a screenshot in a reply that shows the issue? I think I understand what you mean, but a screenshot would help me.... You can attach a file under the Options tab in a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-30-2019 11:52 PM In reply to

Hello Hilary, Thanks for your time ;) I wanted to add some pictures but it seems that I'm limited to only one. So I put all screenshot in my onedrive. See below the link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiLMcYJ9gXawhBykyGlXuVrkFdSk?e=mk0RVU Picture 1 : This is an quick overview of my list. In red the action recorded inside the issue. Picture 2 : After clicking on one action (Picture 1) the formular opens and I can see only the action previously clicked (In red) but all other fields are empty Picture 3 : This is my data connection linked to a menu. All Issues of are visible. Picture 4 : All actions recorded in my list are visible after having selected an issue in my previous menu. Picture 5 : But oddly, the other fields stay empty. (All data connection are correctly check). Hope is helpfull for you. My dataconnection is usable only one time. If I select the wrong issue I must close my formular and reopen it. Don't know why either ... I've tested a lot of different things but by dint of having a headache I lost in imagination. I have always managed to find a solution with your forum. I hope that will still be the case today ;) Thanks a lot for your time and your help Have a nice day
  • 07-01-2019 09:36 AM In reply to

Can I also see your template?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-02-2019 03:46 AM In reply to

Hello, I added my template in my onedrive. My test page is on the view "Test" Have a nice day
  • 07-02-2019 08:50 AM In reply to

I don't see anything obvious. I added the main data connection fields to your test view, with a button to run the query. Maybe see if the data is showing up in the data fields or try setting query fields and clicking the button, and seeing if you get the anticipated data back in the form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-03-2019 04:24 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary, your query button seems working fine. I've to check and control some others points but I could find a way to solve my problem with this button I think. I can't confirm right now if it's definitely good but next week I should be able to find time to work on it. Thanks a lot for your time, I appreciate it ;)
  • 07-22-2019 04:52 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary,
    Sorry for the delay... I managed to find a simpler approach created by one of your colleagues
    InfoPath Dashboards & Repeating Data Youtube link
    By using the CAML programming.
    It seems to be a bit tricky and hard to understand but the purpose is exactly what I need.
    May I should back to you if I met some issues ?
    Keep in touch
    And thank you for your support
    Have a nice day
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.