Add rows to repeating table based on Option Button - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Add rows to repeating table based on Option Button

Last post 06-24-2019 08:42 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2019 06:13 AM

• gclode
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-20-2019
    • Posts 5

Add rows to repeating table based on Option Button

I have a repeating table on an InfoPath form. If a user selects "NO" in an option button control I would like to automatically add rows equal to a value in a textbox control. For example if the textbox value is 40 and the user selects "NO" then an additional 39 rows get added to the repeating table (since there is already the first row on the form). Is this possible? Thanks!
  • 06-24-2019 08:42 AM In reply to

Re: Add rows to repeating table based on Option Button

So - yes & no. Out of the box, there is no way to use rules to add rows to a repeating table. However, you could include a max number of rows by default in the form (say, 100) and then display the correct count if the option button is = no. See attached sample - in the sample, I have set the max rows to 10 because I am too lazy to add 100. :) You can set how many rows are included by default in the designer, under Data > Default Data. It may get a little tricky with how the repeating table should behave if option = yes, but if you have trouble working out anything in specific, just let me know. This sample only addresses "show a given number of rows". :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.