Repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating table

Last post 06-14-2019 10:58 AM by idkwhatimdoing. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2019 06:28 AM

Repeating table

Hello, I have a question regarding InfoPath 2010 with SharePoint 2010. I have researched online and have found some tutorials but none that actually work for me. I have 3 text fields (#1: specific number. #2: A name of a project. #3: a location) and 2 date fields. All of this data will be entered by the user in InfoPath and I want it to save in SharePoint. However they can enter multiple different data at the same time (hence why I want a repeating table). I want it to be displayed as the following, Number, Name of project, location, start date, end date. So if the user submits three projects it would look like this. Number, Name of project, location, start date, end date Number, Name of project, location, start date, end date Number, Name of project, location, start date, end date Is there any way this can be achieved? Thank you.
  • 06-14-2019 08:38 AM In reply to

Not that I can think of, at least not with InfoPath out of the box. If you promote the fields with the merge setting, they will be semi-colon delimited. Perhaps there is a way with a customized data view web part (which I think are still available in SharePoint 2010?) to parse that data out. You'd want to make sure all the fields are required, so that you have values that can be re-associated with each other, that is, so that if there are three entries, each of the merged fields has three values..... Even if you used a third party tool to submit the data to a separate list, it would be tabular instead of having a new column for each row's entries.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-14-2019 10:58 AM In reply to

Hello, thank you for your response. Sadly i could not find an easy solution. The only thing I found that would solve it was by creating a new SharePoint list
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.