Trigger for Qrules Finished Loading - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Trigger for Qrules Finished Loading

Last post 06-12-2019 03:36 PM by Deeayrian. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2019 01:15 PM

Trigger for Qrules Finished Loading

I have a form that has been using qRules for a long time.
    The form used to require custom code, so qRules was manually added to the form per your instructions and everything worked fine.
    Recently we removed all of the custom code from the form and then re-injected qRules.
    Almost all of the qRrules functionality works, except for passing along parameters to a new form and grabbing those parameters with the GetInputParameter command

The GetInputParameter commands are all set on the QRules FinishedLoading field and are set to run only if QRules FinishedLoading is true.
    While Troubleshooting, I am finding that the FinishedLoading field isn't always set to true automatically. Can you help me understand when FinishedLoading is set to true automatically?

To test it further, I copied the URL with parameters and pasted it into the browser.  The form opens but doesn't mark FinishedLoading to true so the parameters are never loaded. 
    However, if I remove 80% of the parameters from the URL and enter it much shorter, it works.  The FinishedLoading is marked true and the parameters are loaded.

But I need all of the parameters passed and I have been able to do this for years up until the recent re-injection of Qrules into the form.  Does the newer version of Qrules that I injected behave differently than older version when it comes to this?

We have Urgent Customer orders that need to be created and linked to the original form, but we aren't able to do so due to this issue so your prompt response is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!  

• 06-12-2019 01:23 PM In reply to

Re: Trigger for Qrules Finished Loading

May I see your form? You can attach it under a reply under the Options tab. FinishedLoading gets set to true when the code DLL for qRules is completely loaded. But I'm wondering if something is wrong with the qRules schema in your form.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-12-2019 01:33 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I just emailed it to you.  (preferred email via sharing it with the world)

Thanks!  

• 06-12-2019 03:24 PM In reply to

We determined that your old form was using 4.3 and your new one 7.2, so there may be some difference causing this.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-12-2019 03:36 PM In reply to

Looks like switching back to 4.3 resolved the issue, and was an acceptable work around, which is good news!
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-12-2019 03:36 PM In reply to

This fixed the issue, it seems the newer version of qRules can't handle the URLs passing as many parameters as the older version of qRules can.

Thanks so much for updating the code to reflect the older version of qRules 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.