Security issues when opening a form in SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Security issues when opening a form in SharePoint

Last post 07-03-2005 12:55 AM by Patrick Halstead. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2005 09:29 PM

• AK721751
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 9

Security issues when opening a form in SharePoint

I have an Infopath form.
    This form is initially made fully trusted using the Regform tool.
    I then use web services to populate the dropdown.
    The web services is running in my machine.
    When I publish the form in SharePoint,I cannot open the published form. Note that I am using a different SharePoint server(some other machine) and not local host.
    It says
    InfoPath cannot create a new blank form
    The form template is trying to access files and settings on your computer. InfoPath cannot grant access to these files and settings because the form template is not fully trusted.

I also tried giving Domain security level.It dint work.

But when I place the web services file and the Infopath form in the same SharePoint server machine and then when I gave the form "Automatically determine security level based on form's design", I could open the form after publishing the form in SharePoint.

Please let me know whether I need to run the webservices in the SharePoint server machine and publish the form from that machine itself or can I have the web services in some other machine also?If so how do I solve the security related problems?
  • 06-16-2005 03:28 PM In reply to

Re: Security issues when opening a form in SharePoint

How are you connecting to the Web service. The best way to talk to a web service is to use Tools -> Data connections and create a Recieve or a Submit data connection to the specified web service. If you do this the form will work with Domain trust settings.

If you add a web reference to you code and access the Web service then that will require Full trust.

Shanthi
    InfoPathDev India
    Shanthi Reddy
  • 06-26-2005 03:50 AM In reply to

• andreid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2005
    • Romania
    • Posts 2

I'm having the same kind of trouble. I want to use a web service explicitely since I want access to the Attachements collection of the RequestSoapContext. The assembly has full trust but the form still hangs. Can't debug.

Is there any way I can access the Attachments using the web service in the way you've described ? With a submit data connection ?

Thank you

Andrei
  • 06-27-2005 11:40 PM In reply to

Hi AK721751,
    If you are using Regform, then you can't also publish to ShP since ShP requires URL-based but Regform only supports URN-based solutions. For full trust on ShP, you'll want to use digital certificates, which are a pain in the you-know-what. For your specific scenario, Shanthi's right on - you'll want to publish domain-trust (default auto setting is fine) and setup the web service on another machine that is in the domain.

Hi Andrei,
    I'm trying to understand your scenario. You want to create a web service that shreds the attachments from your InfoPath form? There already is a web service that does this and I believe it was blogged by MS folks a while back. Not sure I understand the problem you are having. Can you describe what the form is doing? If you are submitting to a Web service, then you shouldn't have to have Full Trust and the Web service shouldn't cause the form to hang. Might be some bug in the OnSubmit code.

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 06-29-2005 11:27 PM In reply to

Thanks a lot Patrick and Shanthi.
    But my doubt is.......
    The SharePoint server is in 172.29.17.241 machine.
    But my local machine is 172.29.17.5 ip address(same domain).
    My web service and my template reside in 172.29.17.5 local machine.This webservice populates the dropdowns in my template.
    Now from my local machine,Can I publish the template
    in thehttp://172.29.17.241:8080/sites/MCG Sharepoint site?This site is not my local host SharePoint site but in a different machine.
    When I did this,I got a security related problem even though I gave domain security.
    So I transferred the web service and the template to the 172.29.17.241 machine and published it with domain security and works fine.
    So I need to know whether we can publish the templates in any SharePoint Server in the domain from my local machine(where the web service resides)?
    or
    do I need to have the web services running in the SHP server machine and publish the template from the SHP server machine itself?

And Patrick,I changed my user name to Abhishek from AK721751.
  • 07-03-2005 12:55 AM In reply to

Hi Abhisek,
    Did you correctly configure the web service to run on the ShP site? It shouldn't matter where your WS is running so long as it is in the same domain.

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.