Routing InfoPath form to different email addresses based upon user selections - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Routing InfoPath form to different email addresses based upon user selections

Last post 05-22-2019 04:58 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2019 05:50 PM

Routing InfoPath form to different email addresses based upon user selections

Hello, I am very new to InfoPath and this is my first time building an InfoPath form. The form will be used as an intake process for a technical support team. There are multiple types of support the team provides and four members of the team that specialize in different systems. For example if a user selects a certain option on a drop-down list, I would like the notification of the form submission to be emailed to a particular person's email tied to that selection.

I have crafted a form that is connected to a SharePoint list.

I am finding all sorts of posts online that deal with submissions to email, but they never seem to be getting at what I want...

For example, I thought this would help.. https://redcapeco.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/create-a-submit-button-in-an-infopath-form-to-email-recipients/ But that author seems to be referring to obtaining the email address from your form... or having the whole form go to email.

I want the content to stay in the SharePoint list... I only want a notification and ideally, a draft of the submission to go to a particular team member when a particular dropdown is selected.

Can anyone help a newbie out?

Thank you!
  • 05-22-2019 08:55 AM In reply to

Re: Routing InfoPath form to different email addresses based upon user selections

Since this is a list form, and you just want a notification sent, I would suggest using SharePoint Workflow for this, if that's an option? Or MS Flow - are you using SharePoint Online, or is this an On-Prem SharePoint server? Do you have access to SharePoint Designer so you can create a workflow for the list?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-22-2019 04:40 PM In reply to

Re: Routing InfoPath form to different email addresses based upon user selections

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I do not have access to the SharePoint server, but I do have access to designer. 

While I have a lot of SharePoint experience, I do not have experience with Workflows. I'm reading an article on support.office.com now, but would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thank you! 

• 05-22-2019 04:58 PM In reply to

I'd suggest something like this article to begin with: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/send-e-mail-in-a-workflow-11d5f9dd-955f-412c-b70f-cde4214204f4 - but perhaps that is the one you are already looking at?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.