Button needs to be pressed twice. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Button needs to be pressed twice.

Last post 05-17-2019 12:42 PM by ctoper11. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2019 12:41 PM

Button needs to be pressed twice.

Hello, I have a fairly simple form. I have three data connections and a button that queries them and fills out some text fields. Problem is I have to click the button twice for it to do anything. First time I press the form kind of wobbles and only when I hit it a second time will it execute. Is there something I'm not doing? Having to double click is problematic. Thanks in advance.

• 05-16-2019 12:53 PM In reply to

Re: Button needs to be pressed twice.

Is this a browser or a filler form? If this is in the browser, you might try adjusting the postback settings on the button. Right click it in the designer, and under properties, find the browser tab. Then set postback to always, republish and see what happens.... If that doesn't do it, double check your rules are doing what you think they are (and in the correct order).... if that doesn't do it, try a new button and add your rules one a time, trying to repro in between each rule. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-17-2019 12:42 PM In reply to

Re: Button needs to be pressed twice.

Hello Hilary so sorry for answering back so late. I tried the postback and that didn't work. I was in the middle of trying your new button suggestion and I noticed I forgot to mention something and I think it has something to do with it. Basically my form has a blank text field where the user puts in their login ID. The button in question is what they hit after they fill in their username. The purpose being it pulls department information, their managers etc and populates other fields. I think this has something to do with it. Because with my new button even on the first rule I just had it writing the word Test to another field and it still required two presses. So I don't think it's the rules. Does this make sense?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.