How to access a Infopath field value in SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to access a Infopath field value in SharePoint

Last post 06-03-2005 01:39 PM by Agni Jonnalagadda. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2005 03:08 AM

• AK721751
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 9

How to access a Infopath field value in SharePoint

I need to implement a form in my organization.
    Employees fill the form and send it to their superiors for approval

The employees of my organization fill the form,select the name of their superior in a dropdown(names loaded to the dropdown from Active Directory Services) and click the submit button.All the forms filled are submitted to a common form library in a SharePoint site irrespective of the superior selected in the drop down.

Now the superior enters his username and password in SharePoint and enters the form library.On entering the form library,he should be able to see only those forms that are submitted to him and not all forms.
    So I need to compare the value selected by the employees in the dropdown to the userid as entered by the superior when he enters the SharePoint site.If they match then only those forms will be displayed.
    So I want to know how do I access a value saved in a Infopath form from SharePoint?

Also if u have any other way to implement this,please let me know.
  • 06-03-2005 01:39 PM In reply to

Re: How to access a Infopath field value in SharePoint

There is a feature in InfoPath to promote the fields to sharepoint. All promoted fields are accessible to sharepoint. In your case you need to promote the "username".
    For user seeing the forms that are assigned only to him, you can customise the sharepoint views so that user can see only forms that are assigned to him.

Agni
    InfoPathDev India
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.