InfoPath cannot open the following file error with SharePoint Offline - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath cannot open the following file error with SharePoint Offline

Last post 05-10-2019 09:27 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2019 07:40 AM

InfoPath cannot open the following file error with SharePoint Offline

We are currently experiencing a SharePoint outage. I have an InfoPath Filler form that was published to the SharePoint, but I saved a version of the .xml file locally to use while it's offline. Some users (Including myself) are able to still open other than a couple errors that indicates some drop downs can't be populated because it can't reach SharePoint. However, some users can't open the file and receive an "InfoPath cannot open the following file: XXXXXXX.xml. To open the file, access the following form template is required: XXXXXXX.xsn. (X's are just a holding place for my actual path.) I was hoping we could still use the form while SharePoint is offline and just save it locally. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work. Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?
  • 05-09-2019 08:15 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath cannot open the following file error with SharePoint Offline

If the form is cached, I'd guess that the user would be able to use it. If it is not cached, I'd assume they'd get the message about the XSN not being accessible. As to why it is cached on one machine and not on the other - I'm not sure....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-09-2019 08:30 AM In reply to

The ones that get the error point to an old URL/Template from where we originally had to move it. They have opened the form after we had moved it because it happened awhile back. Any suggestions on how to get it working while SharePoint is offline? Or is that not a possibility? They just need to fill out the form and be able to save a local copy and email it.
  • 05-09-2019 01:59 PM In reply to

If the template isn't available where the XML expects it - not to my knowledge. You can look at the XML in a text editor - the href in the mso-infoPathSolution processing-instruction will show you the expected template URL. But if they cleared their InfoPath cache - they won't have the new template cached either. You could try changing the href to the correct location to see if that helps. How long do you expect SharePoint to be offline?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-10-2019 08:16 AM In reply to

I tried changing the href and it just changes the path in the error. It's still TBD how long SharePoint is offline.
  • 05-10-2019 09:27 AM In reply to

Yeah, I don't know how you could manually add a missing form to the user's cache. You could try publishing the template to a network location all users have access to? If they have existing locally saved XML they need to finish filling out, you'd need to change the InfoPath PI to point to the network form (fill out and save an XML from the network form to see what the PI should be).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.