workflow to assign permission of person in peoplepicker to list item - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

workflow to assign permission of person in peoplepicker to list item

Last post 05-07-2019 03:35 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2019 09:33 AM

• dan508
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2018
    • Posts 7

workflow to assign permission of person in peoplepicker to list item

Hi all. I have an InfoPath form that uses the people picker object on it. how can I give the person in the people picker permission to the list item through the workflow? simply calling the http web service with "/addroleassignment(pricipalid='[%Current Item:Account ID%]',roledefid=1073741829" doesn't work :( Hope this can be done! all resources on the internet require that the user you want to assign is a static user and are able to specify the principalID. nothing about assigning permissions to users in the people picker! Thanks in advance, Dan
  • 05-07-2019 08:16 AM In reply to

Re: workflow to assign permission of person in peoplepicker to list item

So - is the AccountID field from the people picker promoted? Or is this a list form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-07-2019 10:06 AM In reply to

• dan508
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2018
    • Posts 7

If by promoted, you mean I've published the form with that field available to view, then yes. The workflow can see that field.
  • 05-07-2019 03:35 PM In reply to

So - this isn't a list form, right? Yes, when you have a field in the form showing in the library, that's called property promotion. I'd start by testing the syntax with a hard coded account id and verify that it works as anticipated. That may help you figure out the issue.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.