SP 2013 External Data Column - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SP 2013 External Data Column

Last post 04-25-2019 08:34 AM by JohnSM. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-23-2019 12:34 PM

SP 2013 External Data Column

I have a SP 2013 List with an External Data column. That field does not appear in the Field list in InfoPath 2013. The External Data column is pulling from a SQL DB.

What can I do to get this field to appear, if anything? I'd like to use this field so I don't have to update a Choice field manually.

Thanks,
    John 

• 04-24-2019 06:35 AM In reply to

Re: SP 2013 External Data Column

InfoPath forms will not work with a SharePoint External Data column. Error says they are not supported because of their data type (Business Data).

Does anyone know if other SP/InfoPath Form software/add-ons support this type of external data?

Thanks,
    John 

• 04-24-2019 11:02 AM In reply to

I don't know of anything (and I confess I've only never used External Data beyond adding a column as a test one time) - but is there any way to copy the data into a "normal" column using workflow or something? I do see that I can add an External Data control in a browser form - I'm not really clear on your end goal, I'm afraid. EDITED TO ADD: looking at your first post, I think you are talking about a secondary data connection to a SharePoint list that you want to use for data for an InfoPath dropdown? Is that correct? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/sharepoint-2010/ff394643(v%3Doffice.14) has info on the External Item picker...
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2019 08:34 AM In reply to

Yes that's correct, however I don't think this will work for my project. The people/group field works good, since it has an email address associated with it and that's usable in SPD workflows.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.