From wont publish as browser form (Converting Client form to Browser form) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

From wont publish as browser form (Converting Client form to Browser form)

Last post 04-22-2019 08:07 AM by Laurie Wheeler. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2019 05:36 AM

    From wont publish as browser form (Converting Client form to Browser form)

     I've got a large multi-page form that is published to SharePoint 2013 Form library.  This form populates sign off fields when a user clicks on a radio button. The form also validates if the current user is a admin or just a user.

     I have converted the primary data connection from UserInformationList to 'getprofilebyname'.  I have modified every rule to match a similar form that uses the getprofilebyname data connection.  I remove any hint text.  The form used to have "Roles", but I removed all of that logic and added new rules to check if the user is an admin against a SharePoint list instead.

    The form still thinks it is a 2010 form and that it has these 'roles' embedded.  I extracted the files out, and searched in some of the xml's and sure enough I see it is still embedded

    xdXDocument:get-Role() = "user""  But NON of my controls have the condition in the the rules - in almost every case I removed the old rule and replaced it with a new one.

    Anyway to clean up the form without rebuilding it completely? 

    I cannot upload the form as it is too big, 900KB

    Laurie Wheeler
  • 04-12-2019 07:43 AM In reply to

    Re: From wont publish as browser form (Converting Client form to Browser form)

    Hey, Laurie - can you email me the form? I'd like to see if I can make it behave - do you have my email? If not, click on my profile, send me an email via the forum (you won't be able to attach a file to that) and I'll reply so you can send it along. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

  • 04-12-2019 09:50 AM In reply to

    Re: From wont publish as browser form (Converting Client form to Browser form)

    So - just to recap what we discussed in email - there were formatting rules still in some views that were causing the errors. Here's a way to help find those rules - 1) Save the form as source files. 2) Search the source file location for xdXDocument:get-Role() -that will show you which files still have rules with Role conditions. It may be just views, it may also be in the manifest, in which case you have formatting and action rules that you need to fix up. 3) Open the affected files in a text editor, and search for xdXDocument:get-Role(). This will help you find the locations of the rules, so you can then, in InfoPath Designer, remove them or replace them.
    Hilary Stoupa

  • 04-22-2019 08:07 AM In reply to

    Re: From wont publish as browser form (Converting Client form to Browser form)

    Thank you Hilary. for the second set of eyes. For others out there. In addition to modifying all of the rules that had references to getting the users role, I had 2 rules 'orphaned' and not even used in the form that once the manifest file was modified, the errors went away.
    Laurie Wheeler
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.