Can I add a MySite account picture on my form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Can I add a MySite account picture on my form

Last post 04-10-2019 02:13 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2019 10:21 AM

Can I add a MySite account picture on my form

Specifically I have a field where I enter a user account name, hit a button that queries a data connection that pulls department, title, etc. Is there a way to pull the image that's on everyone's MySite page in SharePoint? We're using SP 2013 FYI. Thanks in advance.

• 04-10-2019 10:47 AM In reply to

Re: Can I add a MySite account picture on my form

I think if you know the URL for the account picture, you could do this with a calculated value that concats in the user's name as needed for the URL. So - find some place where the user's profile picture is displayed, right click and select "Inspect" so you can find the correct URL for the picture. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-10-2019 12:11 PM In reply to

OK thank you that's a great tip. And one that I see can totally work. I can figure out how to use that in a workflow but I'm a little unclear with a calculated field. I chose that or even looked at the Picture control. Not sure how to properly plug in the URL which would be "https://job.jb.org/User%20Photos/Profile%20Pictures/RB_USER12_LThumb.jpg">

• 04-10-2019 01:00 PM In reply to

I got it! I'm positive you have a more elegant solution in mind but just as an FYI for anyone else I basically broke up that link into two text controls made it the default value for each and for the username there's a third username value I already had. I simply concatenated all three and got my exact result. As always thank you so much for your help Hilary.

• 04-10-2019 02:04 PM In reply to

Perfect, your solution is just fine - or you could have used the concat function with hardcoded strings, like: concat("https://job.jb.org/User%20Photos/Profile%20Pictures/", usernamefield,"_LThumb.jpg")
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-10-2019 02:13 PM In reply to

And I see I didn't actually answer your question - you would need at least one field in the form where you have a calculated default - then you can use that for your Picture Hyperlink - but I think you got all that figured out already. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.