Repeating Table to list in Browser Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Repeating Table to list in Browser Form

Last post 04-09-2019 11:44 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2019 07:45 AM

Repeating Table to list in Browser Form

I have an InfoPath 2013 form published to a SharePoint 2013 form library. The form includes a repeating table. I am using the Webinar from 2/28/13 by Patrick Halstead to perform the OOB actions to submit line items to a list. I am successful when submitting in the InfoPath FILLER form, but when submitting in the Web Browser form on SharePoint it fails. Is there an area that I overlooked? Do you know if this submit is even possible in a Web Browser form?
  • 04-09-2019 07:54 AM In reply to

Re: Repeating Table to list in Browser Form

What's the failure? I'm not sure what the OOB actions are (as far as I know, there isn't really an OOB way to submit to a list - are you using CAML / web services?) - if it is using the lists.asmx service, you may have some settings that need to be changed on your SharePoint server to be able to execute a web service request to SharePoint web services from the browser.....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-09-2019 08:02 AM In reply to

Yes, using CAML/web services, and the lists.asmx service. When I submit it from InfoPath it will submit the lines to a list and publish the form. But when use the form as a browser form on SharePoint I get a SharePoint message that says "The form cannon be submitted because of an error" and then under detail it says "An error occurred while trying to connect to a web service". There is Log ID and Correlation ID. I do not not have admin rights to the server, so if it's an issue with settings I will probably need to steer them somewhat.
  • 04-09-2019 09:05 AM In reply to

They likely need to disable loopback check. You should get them the correlation ID and time of the error, so they can review the logs.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-09-2019 11:08 AM In reply to

Our Admin says that it is not best practice to disable the loopback check .. could I send you the log information to look at? It's in an excel file. Maybe there is a different issue showing in the log. I've spent a lot of hours/days on this and at this point it would help to know if I am the one doing something wrong or if the server is just not letting me. He is also wondering if it's a permissions issue.
  • 04-09-2019 11:24 AM In reply to

If the error message you are getting includes "5566", your SharePoint admin can take the first approach outlined in this KB as well to specify host names: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/896861/you-receive-error-401-1-when-you-browse-a-web-site-that-uses-integrate
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-09-2019 11:37 AM In reply to

The Log ID is 5567, does that help? I've attached a screenshot.
  • 04-09-2019 11:44 AM In reply to

I'm more used to seeing a 5566, but if the error in the logs is a 401, unauthorized, direct your admin to the KB I linked to - there are options other than disabling loopback outlined there.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.