Populate a field in a repeating table with selected value of a drop-down list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate a field in a repeating table with selected value of a drop-down list

Last post 04-09-2019 04:49 AM by mcpsspa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2019 12:03 PM

Populate a field in a repeating table with selected value of a drop-down list

Hi All,

I've been trying with little or no success to populate a text field in a repeating table with the selection from a drop-down list.  The closest I can get results in all the fields being populated with the same selected value.  I know there is a current() function but I can't seem to write an xPath statement that allows me to set only the field in the current row of the repeating table with the drop-down list value without affecting the other rows.

Thanks for any help!

David 

• 04-08-2019 04:27 PM In reply to

Re: Populate a field in a repeating table with selected value of a drop-down list

It sounds like maybe your dropdown is not bound to a field inside the repeating group? Can I see your form? You can attach it under the options tab to a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-09-2019 04:49 AM In reply to

Re: Populate a field in a repeating table with selected value of a drop-down list

Hi Hilary, thanks for the reply.  You are correct, the drop-down is outside the repeating table but as it turns out, the customer was not clear on what they wanted.  It turns out they want one field to populate another when the first field's value changes; both being inside the repeating table.  Of course, in this case, it' a simple action.

Thanks again for your response! 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.