Send automated email via InfoPath based on Criteria - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Send automated email via InfoPath based on Criteria

Last post 05-22-2019 08:57 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2019 06:47 AM

Send automated email via InfoPath based on Criteria

I have a form built in InfoPath that is connected to SharePoint. I have very limited access to 'Work Flows' in SharePoint. So I was wondering if it's possible to use my Form to send a notification based on a 'drop down' selection that someone selects, and a email will generate once the Form is Submitted?
  • 04-01-2019 07:49 AM In reply to

Re: Send automated email via InfoPath based on Criteria

You can use an email data connection in the form to send an email. You can certainly change who the email goes "to" based on a selection in a control. The email data connection can use a form field for "To" and the other email fields, so you can use rules to set those fields. Feel free to attach your form under the Options tab in a reply with some additional info if you need a hand setting that up.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-21-2019 06:03 PM In reply to

Hi, I posted a similar question to the user above just now.
    I am also having trouble figuring out how to have a copy of the form submission sent to users based upon a drop down selection.
    You mention using an email data connection, but that confused me as I thought that data connection referred to where the data went, and my data connection is a SharePoint List.
    I saw the Data Connection Wizard and the screen in which one enters emails, but I don't quite understand what the formula would be. I don't have the email as a "form field" as you mention.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
  • 05-22-2019 08:57 AM In reply to

I replied to your other post as well - basically, if you want to send email using a data connection in the form, it is another type of submit connection. You can then use submit rules to submit to email followed by your submit to your main data connection. But we can continue this conversation in your other post - I think that if it's a possibility, given the requirements you've outlined, SharePoint Workflow may fit the bill nicely.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.