Pass sharepoint 2013 list filter value to info path form when 'Adding a new item' - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Pass sharepoint 2013 list filter value to info path form when 'Adding a new item'

Last post 04-01-2019 08:03 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2019 01:35 AM

Pass sharepoint 2013 list filter value to info path form when 'Adding a new item'

Good day. I am not a developer but somehow fell into the development side of SharePoint and Infopath forms as part of investigating it as a business solution. So please be patient with me as I do not know all development terminology and cannot write a single line of code. My problem stems from the following: I have a client/organisation profile web page consisting of 3 linked lists as web parts and all three list are linked by a unique number to the records (not in the form of a parent child relationship of list or records). But in the form of a record created in list being the parent and child record, and linked to other records in the same list and also linked to other records in the other lists. In other words each list has multiple entries linked to each other based on a common unique ID, which is the profile number and not one person but possibly a group of peoples information (or an organisations employees and there related info) are linked by the profile no. On the same web page I have a connected SharePoint List Filter to each of the 3 list. So,.... when I select the unique number (profile no) from the filter, it only shows the record linked to the unique number of each list. This page/view allows existing records to be edited as well as the option to add a new record via the 'Add new item' from the SharePoint capabilities. I would therefore like to pass the unique number or value which is used to filter only the linked profile records by means of a CSS Script or Out Of The Box solution or any other coded means (easiest for me :-)...), to the 'new item'/'Add new item' link Capture Form on the list when a new record is captured to the profile. I cannot achieve the following because when you click the 'Add new item' link a new form opens input new records but it does not know which unique number it links to (from the filter selected). And by adding the unique numbers as a drop down on the form defeats the purpose because the web page is designed to make the user think that he is in the update mode of a Profile, when the user selects from the list filter. This is my last and final step in providing a full solution built in SharePoint by using InfoPath forms to create a Client/Organisation Profile system by a non developer. Regards Glisson
  • 04-01-2019 08:03 AM In reply to

Re: Pass sharepoint 2013 list filter value to info path form when 'Adding a new item'

Have you seen this post? https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/231613/passing-parameters-to-a-list-new-item-form-based-on-connected-view (if you click on it today, be aware that StackExchange is celebrating April Fool's day so the UI is .... interesting).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.