IP checkbox values and SharePoint Designer workflow values don't match - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

IP checkbox values and SharePoint Designer workflow values don't match

Last post 03-29-2019 07:28 AM by zakaria.botros. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2019 02:26 PM

IP checkbox values and SharePoint Designer workflow values don't match

Hi There,

I have an IP which is a attached to my SharePoint online library as a content type. The form has three checkbox fields, each of them are set to Boolean (TRUE/FALSE). However when I go into SharePoint Designer to write my workflow and refer to these fields, I only get a Yes/No option. No TRUE/FALSE. What can I do to make these fields agree? My workflow is not working and I think this is the culprit.

Thank you!

Jen 

• 03-26-2019 03:32 PM In reply to

Re: IP checkbox values and SharePoint Designer workflow values don't match

I am pretty sure SPD is using the "friendlier" values of Yes / No to indicate True / False. Is there something else that might be keeping your workflow from working as anticipated? If you look at your library settings, you don't have duplicate columns with the same names (I've seen that happen with content types before) causing any issues, do you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-26-2019 03:39 PM In reply to

Hi Super Hilary! You know, I am not sure - I did check to see if the issue was related to duplicate columns and that was not the case. I also looked at an earlier version of the WF in SPD and it was using the Yes/No without issue. So I'm not sure what is causing the issue at this point. I've just been combing through both the form and the WF trying to see if a light goes off. I was certain it was the boolean - but that no longer appears to be the case. I'm stumped. :(

• 03-26-2019 03:47 PM In reply to

Are you logging anything in your workflow? That's one place I usually start - just adding actions to write to the log so I can get a better sense of the values. Another thing to check (if you haven't already) - download the XML for a filled out form and look at it in a text editor. Make sure you know what the values are for the fields you are working with.... You can check your Promoted Properties to make sure you know what form field is mapped to which library column as well....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-26-2019 03:57 PM In reply to

Yes, I log at each condition to confirm whether the wf is getting into the actual blocks and where it is failing. In this instance, it's not even getting into the first block. The workflow was working great until I added a new variable and conditions for the variable. But they are all structured the same.

I'm going to try copy/pasting to a new wf and see if it makes any difference. 

• 03-26-2019 04:03 PM In reply to

You could also create a test workflow with just the first block and whatever condition is there - check just that first step and see if it succeeds.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-26-2019 04:09 PM In reply to

Hey Hilary - I tried that earlier with no success. BUT - I think I just found the issue. The workflow was published at the root level (where the content type lives in the forms library) and the subsite level (where the actual library lives). While the site columns are singular at the root level, they are duplicated at the subsite level and that's where the workflow that worked was originally published. I am going to back out the wf from the root level and work with the wf at the subsite level which has the duplicated columns and see if  I can get this working. Wish me luck!

• 03-26-2019 04:40 PM In reply to

Oh yuck... Yah, good luck - I'm glad you found something that might be the cause, at least you have a place to start from!
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-29-2019 07:28 AM In reply to

I had the same issue for a different purpose. the WF in SPD see the boolean fields from a form or from library columns as YES, No only " even if the field contains TRUE, FALSE". It is smart enough to treat this conflict with form fields but it can't treat it for library columns and maybe there are other scenarios. ================================================================================================================================== What I did as the solution is to lets the boolean fields in a form or in the library to be number integer with values 0, 1. no one can argue about 0 or 1 values included SPD. [ you can let the number integer field to have min value to be 0 and max 1, this to guarantee that it will be only 0 or 1]. =================================================================================================================================== this is a very powerful solution, as I think, especially when the boolean field used to determine loop condition or IF condition that includes many many actions inside. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Please try it and let me know
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.