"Cannot be blank" not working anymore - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

"Cannot be blank" not working anymore

Last post 03-15-2019 06:42 AM by Teddybeardog. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2019 09:56 AM

"Cannot be blank" not working anymore

Everything in my form was working fine and I honestly don't know what I did to change what is happening. My Form: 5 fields that are required (Cannot Be Blank is checked) Rule on the Submit button that Switches view to a message and then submits the data to the main data connection (SharePoint 2013 list) Original Behavior: If these fields were blank and you clicked the submit button, you would get the OOB error that there was missing data AND you could not submit until the blank fields were filled. Now: If these fields are blank and you click submit, I get only one error that one of my fields is blank and then it immediately switches to the message (with blank fields) AND doesn't save to the main data connection. What I have tried: 1) Tried toggling the Cannot be Blank setting and republishing 2) Tried adding validation rules on the fields 3) Tried a formatting rule on the submit button to disable the button if any of the fields are blank. 3) Tried searching the infopath dev forum TIA
  • 03-14-2019 10:28 AM In reply to

Re: "Cannot be blank" not working anymore

Can I see your form? You can attach it under the Options tab in a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-14-2019 12:07 PM In reply to

So - I would expect that your logic to disable the submit button if any of the fields are blank would work. Is it possible you've mixed up your 'ands' and 'ors'? I do that sometimes with conditions... So for formatting the button, I'd think you'd want to disable it if field1 is blank OR field2 is blank OR .... and so on.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-15-2019 06:42 AM In reply to

I ended up creating one form and created logic rules again. It's working. Thanks for your help.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.