2 Dropdowns, 1 to refresh the value on another help - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

2 Dropdowns, 1 to refresh the value on another help

Last post 04-02-2019 02:21 AM by ktitchard. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2019 04:33 AM

2 Dropdowns, 1 to refresh the value on another help

Hi all,

I have 2 Lists I am working with which are.

NewServerBuildRequest List
    CustomisationSpec List 

My NewServerBuildRequest List has 2 fields I am trying to use. First is called CustomSpec (which is a lookup field that links to a text field called 'CustomSpecName' in my Customisation Spec List), My second is called 'Subnet Mask' (which is a lookup field that links to a text field called 'SubnetMask' in my Customisation Spec List)

In InfoPath I have added these 2 lookup fields as drop down menus. The plan is when a User Selects a 'CustomSpec' from the first dropdown menu, the second dropdown menu called 'Subnet Mask' auto populates the value based on the first selection. So far on my Subnet Mask dropdown properties I have set the value to ID and the display name to SubnetMask (but displays d:xmsr im not sure why but anyway). I have set a filter value of 'ID = CustomSpec'.

When I have selected my CustomSpec option, the value in Subnet Mask remains empty, but when I click on Subnet Mask the value is the only one available which is correct but I want to autopopulate it and to send the data to the 'Subnet Mask' field on the NewServerBuildRequest List. I believe Im not sure how to do this. Please help 

Thanks 

• 03-12-2019 07:55 AM In reply to

Re: 2 Dropdowns, 1 to refresh the value on another help

So - the rule is on CustomSpec? Can you attach a copy of your form under the options tab in a reply so I can take a look at how you have it set up?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-13-2019 04:18 AM In reply to

Thanks for your reply. Sure see attached. Thanks

• 03-13-2019 09:05 AM In reply to

I added a rule on the Customization Spec field for you. Save the attached file locally. Right click and select Design to open in design mode, then you can preview and try it out.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-15-2019 01:45 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary thanks for the reply.

I previewed the form you submitted but the Subnet Mask box remains empty. If you click on it then you see the value as the only option. Its like the default value is always blank until you manually select it. If I set the default value as '1' for Subnet Mask, when I choose an option from custom spec it will refresh the subnet mask field and give the value (this is what I am trying to accomplish but without having to put dummy data as default value)

• 03-15-2019 08:06 AM In reply to

Try this one - Are both of these dropdowns using the same list? It looks like that from the filter, like the same list item would provide data to both? I also added a text box bound to the subnet mask field so you could see the value being set, in case that helps figure this out.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-02-2019 02:21 AM In reply to

Sorry for my late reply. That's done it! Many thanks Hilary you are amazing! 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.