How to know the auto-repeating table fields name ? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to know the auto-repeating table fields name ?

Last post 03-11-2019 07:44 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2019 03:54 AM

How to know the auto-repeating table fields name ?

for Infopath forms, there is the capability to have an auto-repeating table or section. How to use them in Workflow?  - I mean to consider these repeating fields to apply actions and conditions in the workflow I need to know to what extent the user repeat the fields ( 5 times, 4 times??) and the name will me field, field1, field2,....  or will be what? - should I do a loop to send email for every repeating field? if yes, how to set the counter for this loop?
    Filed under:
  • 03-11-2019 04:57 AM In reply to

Re: How to know the auto-repeating table fields name ?

Hello, I need help. anyone can reply to this question in this post about repeating tables. it's very important for me.
  • 03-11-2019 07:44 AM In reply to

Re: How to know the auto-repeating table fields name ?

If you need to concatenate a repeating field for sending email, better to have a single field (outside of the repeating group) where you concatenate all the email addresses and promote that instead of using a loop in your workflow. Here's a post on that: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/infopath/2006/04/05/email-submit-to-line-loops-in-formulas/ If you are asking in general how to use XPath to select each instance of a repeating group, you use the index: /my:myFields/my:group/my:repeatingGroup/my:field[1] or /my:myFields/my:group/my:repeatingGroup/my:field[2] and so on.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.