Record time button clicked - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Record time button clicked

Last post 03-04-2019 07:23 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2019 03:06 AM

Record time button clicked

Hey All, I have the below form created from a sharepoint site: UserID - Generated from Windows log-on Number of Policies - TEXTBOX Start Time - BUTTON Start Time - Calculated - To record time button above is clicked Finish Time - BUTTON Finish Time - Calculated - To record time button above is clicked and submit form Duration - Calculated - To record duration between both clicks above I cannot locate a way to record the time the buttons are clicked, is this possible? Can I also submit the form after the calculation of the end time? Thanks a mil
  • 03-04-2019 07:23 AM In reply to

Re: Record time button clicked

You can set a field's value to the now() function to determine the time a button was clicked. You can find some very complex formula samples online for determining the difference between two date / time fields - the math on those is outside of what I can understand, and I use code / qRules to determine date diffs - but it can be done with rules, apparently. If your form is submitted to a SharePoint library, it might be simpler to use a calculated field in the library for the diff, frankly. If you use submit rules, you can have the button click first set a field's value to the now() function and then run the rule to submit the form, followed by a rule to close the form.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.