Issues opening a SharePoint Online list with InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Issues opening a SharePoint Online list with InfoPath

Last post 01-31-2019 07:25 AM by Daemetius. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2019 08:48 AM

Issues opening a SharePoint Online list with InfoPath

Whenever I try to open a SharePoint List in InfoPath 2013, I get an error message saying I cannot open it. "InfoPath cannot open the following form: https://XXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/SOX/XXXXXXXXXXXXX/Lists/Certification of ComXXXXXX/Item/template.xsn Microsoft InfoPath cannot open the selected form template." I tried opening it from SharePoint List and from InfoPath 2013 I don't know what is happening. Is the template corrupted?
  • 01-29-2019 02:33 PM In reply to

Re: Issues opening a SharePoint Online list with InfoPath

Yick. I just tried from my SharePoint Online site and was able to customize in InfoPath... Have you tried doing this the opposite direction? Open InfoPath Designer, select SharePoint List template and enter the list URL? I assume this is happening with more than one list? If you create a new test list, can you customize that in InfoPath?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-30-2019 06:38 AM In reply to

I tried everything with that one list. I get the same problem when I try opening it from inside InfoPath 2013. I tried with a newly created list and get this message: InfoPath cannot open the following form: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.MSO\65A7E39C.tmp\customXsn.xsn The default view could not be opened. Microsoft InfoPath cannot open the selected form template.
  • 01-30-2019 09:04 AM In reply to

You have all office updates / windows updates installed? Since this is SharePoint Online, you may need to open a ticket with Microsoft.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-31-2019 07:25 AM In reply to

I asked them and they said that it could be perhaps because of the lack of support for InfoPath 2013 and that I should try moving to PowerApps :(
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.