Populate sql connected repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate sql connected repeating table

Last post 01-25-2019 07:46 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-25-2019 07:40 AM

• ek38
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2006
    • Posts 54

Populate sql connected repeating table

Each employee is required to do things for health insurance requirements. e.g. Get physical, take a health survey, attend wellness day etc. We have an infopath form that has a nested SQL DB connected tables. Table Employee Table Requirements (this would be a repeating table) The Employee is a single row in a database The Requirements is a multiple row per employee tracking if they met all the requirements. So when a new user creates a new form for their employee record, how can I have them click a button and pre-populate the Requirements repeating table with the current years Health Insurance Requirements. Once the data is displayed for the user, the can check fields to say they got their physical, completed the health Survey ---and hit Submit--- and have that data recorded to the Requirements table. I do not want to set defaults on a repeating table as that is hard coded. I want to pull the data from either a DB table or a Sharepoint List.
    Filed under:
  • 01-25-2019 07:46 AM In reply to

Re: Populate sql connected repeating table

Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to do this - and since your form is bound to a DB, I think there is no non-code way to do this. If it was not a DB bound form, you could add rows by default to the table and use formulas to populate them, hiding the blanks. But I don't think you can do that in a DB form.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.