How to make the date format take the form as DD/MM/YYYY - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to make the date format take the form as DD/MM/YYYY

Last post 01-23-2019 11:42 PM by Osman Teyeb. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2019 12:34 AM

How to make the date format take the form as DD/MM/YYYY

Hi, I am using SharePoint 2016, and InfoPath designer 2013. In InfoPath form, I added a textbox that has Data Type as Date. I changed the formatiing of the date to use the english(united kingdom) which will take the form as DD/MM/YYYY. When i preview the form in infopath filler the date format is working fine. but when i publish the form to document library and open the form form the browser. the date take DD/MM/YYYY format. in SharePoint site setting, under site administration, in regional setting I chnaged the locale to English(United Kindowg). when again i run the form again still i see M/D/YYYY format. My question is how to make the date format take the form as DD/MM/YYYY.
    Filed under:
  • 01-08-2019 07:47 AM In reply to

Re: How to make the date format take the form as DD/MM/YYYY

I think you are saying that in the browser the date format isn't displaying correctly? But it is in preview? Is that correct? I'll see if I can repro that sometime today - I don't have SharePoint 2016 on prem, but I can try it on SharePoint Online.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2019 07:42 AM In reply to

I tried this on my SharePoint online site - an InfoPath browser form with a date picker and a text box bound to the same field - the date picker shows the US date format, the text box set to display the UK format - and without making changes to my settings, it just worked. If you want, I can try publishing your form up to my site to see if it behaves differently there - at least then you'd know if it was the form or the site? You can attach it under the options tab to a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-23-2019 11:42 PM In reply to

Thank you, it worked form me, i just had to wait for a moment to take effect.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.