Buttons on Views with Rules to Submit and then Close Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Buttons on Views with Rules to Submit and then Close Form

Last post 01-03-2019 11:45 AM by Teddybeardog. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2018 09:45 AM

Buttons on Views with Rules to Submit and then Close Form

I'm working in InfoPath 2010. I've created two additional views in addition to the default Edit view (Approver and Processor). I have three different statuses (Requested, Approval in Process, Processing) which get changed by a SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow. I created two buttons on the Approver and Processor views - submit and cancel. I have attached a rule to the Submit button that when the button is clicked it runs the following Actions 1) submit the data to the main data connections and 2) close the form. However, it's not closing the form but the item has been saved because my workflow kicks off. If I click submit again, I get a message that the form has been closed. The cancel button's rules is set to just close the form. However, same thing happens, once I click cancel the form is still showing. If I click cancel again, I get a message that says the form has been closed. Ideally, I would like to return to the list view which is what is done in the default Edit view after a user clicks on the Submit button. I did this a few years back on 2007 versions and it didn't seem this hard for what should be a simple thing to do. Any help is appreciated in advance.
  • 01-03-2019 07:36 AM In reply to

Re: Buttons on Views with Rules to Submit and then Close Form

How odd - I've not run into this before. It sounds like your rules are right, but that the form is behaving in unexpected ways. You could always try setting postback to always on the button and see if that makes a difference? Right click the button in the designer, and under the properties, find the browser tab and see what postback is set to?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-03-2019 11:45 AM In reply to

Re: Buttons on Views with Rules to Submit and then Close Form

I just gave up on the views and stuck all the fields that were in the views into section controls and added rules to hide them when the status like you suggested was set. I had been sending emails to users with links to the views but the buttons on each of the views didn't seem to work.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.