Incremental Value in a repeating table and rule that disables field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Incremental Value in a repeating table and rule that disables field

Last post 12-15-2018 03:39 AM by runngun17. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2018 04:43 AM

Incremental Value in a repeating table and rule that disables field

I am looking for two solutions.  I am wanting an id number to display on a repeating table and increment by 1 each time a new row is add.  When the next number is greater than the previous number, I want it to disable a comment field for that previous value. 

• 12-13-2018 07:51 AM In reply to

Re: Incremental Value in a repeating table and rule that disables field

Save the attached file locally, right click the saved file and select Design. Then you can preview and check it out.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-13-2018 09:47 PM In reply to

Thanks Hilary.  I was able to get the incremental value added and I copied your disable rule.  I am missing why my table isn't disabling the previous value, but yours is.  I have attached the file back to this email with my table.

• 12-14-2018 02:23 PM In reply to

If you click edit XPath on my formula, you'll see: xdMath:Max(../my:group2/my:field1) - but on your formula, you have: xdMath:Max(my:field3). You need to go back up the tree so that you are getting the max of all items in your group. So - your formula would be: xdMath:Max(../my:group4/my:field3). Make sense? That's because you need to look at all the field3 values, not just the one for the current row.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-15-2018 03:39 AM In reply to

Awesome.  That worked like a charm.  I was also able to add the same rule to the table and users are not able to delete the previous field.  Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.