Cascading Drop-down Value not Auto-populating Additional Fields - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cascading Drop-down Value not Auto-populating Additional Fields

Last post 11-15-2018 07:54 AM by Jacob Russ. 30 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2018 07:54 AM In reply to

Re: Cascading Drop-down Value not Auto-populating Additional Fields

Hey Hilary,

"See attached. I've made a guess at the correct filter for setting the edoc notes from the default values."  Excellent work, thank you so much.  Using this formula, I managed to populate all 20 fields - even the 16 Edoc fields off of the check box.  :)

"I added your default data source at the bottom of the form - is the Country there text or an ID? I'm guessing it is text...."  It is indeed text.

"I put the value of your Country4 field under the dropdown so you can see it - it is going to be an ID."  It is indeed an ID, and this trick I think I might end up finding useful moving forward, thank you!

"If you also put the data fields from the Countries list on your form (since that is the list the dropdown uses for its values) you'd be able to visually see if there is a country in that list that matches the country in the default values list."  Thanks, I will play with this moving forward.  I was indeed able to drag and drop the entire folder of fields from Countries onto the form as a repeating table.  Very interesting, I knew (?!?) that I had the same values in both lists, but do think that this can potentially provide some enhanced visibility during form development.

Thank you again for all of the help, you - and InfoPath dev - have really helped me out tremendously on this project.  I cannot thank you enough!!!!!!

-Jake

-Jake

Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest. (The Onion)

Page 3 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.