Hide Sections on Form Load - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Hide Sections on Form Load

Last post 07-06-2018 11:50 AM by JohnSM. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2018 08:42 AM

Hide Sections on Form Load

I have 2 dropdowns that are Conditionally Hidden depending on another dropdown selection. Those rules work.

How can I make those 2 section to be hidden on form load? The Formatting Rule option is greyed out if I select the 2 sections.

Thanks,
    John 

• 07-06-2018 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Hide Sections on Form Load

You should be able to hide sections with formatting rules - you aren't selecting both at the same time, are you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2018 11:14 AM In reply to

Yes I was. Now with just one section selected and a formatting rule created, to what do I set the Condition, or is it a Formatting rule?

Thanks Hilary 

• 07-06-2018 11:17 AM In reply to

What you set the condition to depends on the logic you need? Like - do you want to hide these when the form is new, but not when it is re-opened? Is that it? And yes, this is a formatting rule, not an action rule. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2018 11:28 AM In reply to

The form is for new employees. The first dropdown has 2 options, admin and legal. Selecting one or the other will show the dropdown for either Admin Job Positions or Legal Job Positions. I want to have both the Job Position dropdown to be hidden on form load. They should only show when the option is selected in the first dropdown.

I don't see any form load option in the Conditions. 

• 07-06-2018 11:42 AM In reply to

There isn't a form load option in conditions. But you could use the condition first dropdown field (whatever its name is) is not blank. Then they won't show till the user selects a value from the first dropdown.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2018 11:50 AM In reply to

Perfect. Thanks much.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.