Submit to List and Send Email - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit to List and Send Email

Last post 06-27-2018 12:03 PM by JohnSM. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2018 12:32 PM

Submit to List and Send Email

I customized a SP List form in InfoPath 2013. This submits to the List.

I added a Data Connection to send an email when the Submit button is clicked. That works fine, but now the form does not submit to the List, it just send the email.

How can I get the form to submit to the list and send an email?

Thanks
    John 

• 06-26-2018 01:05 PM In reply to

Re: Submit to List and Send Email

Under the Data tab in the ribbon, find the submit options and change to submit using Rules - then you can submit to the list & via email.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-27-2018 07:25 AM In reply to

On Form Submit I have a rule to Update an SP List. On the Button I have a Rule to Send Email. Only the SendEmail rule works. It does not update the SP List.

In the Submit Data Connection, does it matter what the File name is?

Thanks for your help,
    John 

• 06-27-2018 08:06 AM In reply to

Can I see your form? You can attach it under the options tab in a reply. The filename shouldn't matter - but I thought this was a list form? Or are you submitting to a library?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-27-2018 08:14 AM In reply to

I'm submitting to a SP List, not a Document Library. the form is attached.

• 06-27-2018 08:36 AM In reply to

You can either update your submit button, which just uses rules, to include a submit to the Main Data Connection, or you could change your Submit rules to submit to the main data connection & submit to email, then change your button to be a "Submit" button instead of rules. I don't understand why there was an additional data connection added for submitting to the same list that the Main Data Connection already submits to?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-27-2018 09:03 AM In reply to

Thanks for that. I got this to work.

Why so many Data Connections? I'm just learning, thanks to wonderful people like yourself. 

• 06-27-2018 10:17 AM In reply to

InfoPath is confusing sometimes. If you base the form off a list OR a database, the submit connection is part of the main data connection. If you create a new blank form, published to a library, you have to create the submit data connection separately. It really isn't at all intuitive, but I hate to assume that people don't have a reason for the approach they have taken, so I like to ask rather than assume I know it all... :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-27-2018 12:03 PM In reply to

I understand the difference now. I haven't created a blank form, only a form from a List or Library. Good to know that the main data connection is auto-created for you.

Thanks again. I appreciate your assistance. You'll probably hear from me again, since I'm a newbie :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.