Copy Workflow Status to column to ensure a persistent record beyond 60 days - SharePoint Designer - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Copy Workflow Status to column to ensure a persistent record beyond 60 days - SharePoint Designer

Last post 07-10-2018 09:27 AM by brice235i. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2018 09:53 PM

Copy Workflow Status to column to ensure a persistent record beyond 60 days - SharePoint Designer

Hi, I would like to copy the workflow status (OOTB Approval 2010 workflow) to a newly created column. The reason is because a timer job deletes workflow history after 60 days and we need to see the workflow status as a permanent record.

My workflow seems to make sense, but it isn't updating the value in the column as expected. I've attached a picture of the workflow.

Hoping someone has some ideas.  Thanks. 

• 06-26-2018 08:56 AM In reply to

Re: Copy Workflow Status to column to ensure a persistent record beyond 60 days - SharePoint Designer

What is the step that sets your new column? The Update Item step in the approved step?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-10-2018 09:27 AM In reply to

Re: Copy Workflow Status to column to ensure a persistent record beyond 60 days - SharePoint Designer

Sorry for not getting back straight away Hillary.  I found out why this wasn't working. I found a post about how the Wait action indeed does not fire for OOB workflow status columns. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1417531/sharepoint-workflow-wait-for-field-change-not-firing-when-another-workflow-cha

Therefore tried customizing the approval workflow instead… I made a copy of the OOB Approval workflow as a reusable workflow on a content type/item. 

Then in the Customization section 'changed the behaviour of the overall task process' and set the value to an ancillary column.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.