Changes to Form Aesthetic When Publishing to SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Changes to Form Aesthetic When Publishing to SharePoint

Last post 06-06-2018 07:19 AM by mpfannes. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2018 07:24 AM

Changes to Form Aesthetic When Publishing to SharePoint

I have a form that I designed in InfoPath, but upon transferring that form to SharePoint the view is distorted. I'm not sure what the cause of this is so I'll give a complete overview of the scenario though many of the provided details may be irrelevant. The forms is 8 rows by 11 columns. The 5th & 11th columns are where the fields are contained. The list for these fields was put into SharePoint, they're formatted as Multi Line/Rich Text Fields, but set to just plain text. I have conditionals that direct the fields to be grey when no information has been entered into the field boxes. And the boxes align in InfoPath so that the white space is minimized. However, when I upload the form into SharePoint, the Row heights are automatically increased and random white bars (about as thick as a scrollbar) are inserted either above or below the entry fields, furthermore the Screen tips that I have inserted do not appear despite hovering over the boxes (irrespective of whether or not the entry field has been clicked on).

My browser is Internet Explorer with the compatibility set for Windows 95, both InfoPath & SharePoint are the 2013 versions. I've tried doing this while running SharePoint in compatibility mode as well but to no avail. I think this may be the cause of the issues, but I'm not positive, so I figured I'd ask.

If anyone would know how to workaround this in HTML/CSS using the "Inspect Element" you would be a god send.

Thank you for you help.  

• 05-18-2018 08:43 AM In reply to

Re: Changes to Form Aesthetic When Publishing to SharePoint

How annoying. Can you attach a screenshot under the options tab that shows the issue? That may give us a better idea of what's going wrong. You may need to save the form as source files (under the publish menu) and inspect the view XSL file to see if you can pinpoint the issue there - then you can manually correct the view and pack the files back up (right click the manifest.xsf file, select Design, then Save As to re-assemble as an XSN).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-21-2018 08:53 AM In reply to

• 05-21-2018 09:47 AM In reply to

What does it look like in Filler?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-21-2018 10:10 AM In reply to

• 05-21-2018 10:56 AM In reply to

I'd probably start by trying to track down where the whitespace stems from by using color. Set the cell background to a color other than white - then check in the browser if the white above your gray text entry field is now that color.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-06-2018 07:19 AM In reply to

I did change the cell color and you're right, the additional space is coming from SharePoint expanding the row heights in the table. Any idea how I can edit this?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.