Duel Soap call - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Duel Soap call

Last post 05-11-2018 07:53 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2018 12:01 PM

Duel Soap call

My Scenario: I have a database of various IT systems. I have a SOAP API call that gives me just the entire list of system names (GetSystems). I have an InfoPath 2013 browser form, the first field is a dropdown called SystemSelect I have a SOAP API call that gives me all the metadata on a particular system (GetSystem) GetSystems is a dataconnection that receives data. GetSystem is a dataconnection that sends and receives data GetSystem takes uname, pword and id, where the id is that of the system in the database. My Goal: The user selects the System name from the dropdown field. All the metadata fields are populated in the form based on their selection. My Question: Can I set fields in the form based on the choice in Select Field that is based on the ID of the selection but passed thorough the GetSystem query? Essentially what I’m looking to do is cut down on the data pull from the database. I give the user the list of systems so they can select one. Then I do a second query with the ID of that system and pull the data just on that system and prepopulate the fields. I got the drop down populating just fine. I can't figure out how to set the value of the next few fields based on the SystemSelect value passed through the GetSystem call.
  • 05-11-2018 06:31 AM In reply to

Problem solved, I didn't realize I had to use the "Set Value in a Filed" action to set the query parameter I was passing back.
  • 05-11-2018 07:53 AM In reply to

Great job finding the answer & thanks for posting it, sorry you ended up talking to yourself! :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.