Open Infopath in Client via hyperlink - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Open Infopath in Client via hyperlink

Last post 09-19-2018 11:20 AM by Jen B. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2018 08:45 AM

Open Infopath in Client via hyperlink

Hi,

I want to put a hyperlink on a basic SharePoint page so that users can open an InfoPath form template, which already exists in a form library.  It needs to open in the client rather than the browser due to functions built into the template that are not supported in IE in our environment.  I can go into the library and click "New Document" and everything works perfectly.  But I can't create a link to replicate this functionality.   

I have basic end-user capabilities only - no SP designer, no server access. 

Pulling my hair out, googling every way I can think of... any help would be MUCH appreciated!  

Thank you!  

• 04-02-2018 09:21 AM In reply to

Re: Open Infopath in Client via hyperlink

I figured it out! The key - at least in our environment - was to include "ClientInstalled=true" within the URL.

Final solution -

{MyURL}/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XsnLocation={MyURL...template.xsn}&ClientInstalled=true&Source={MyURL}&DefaultOpen=0

Solution found here:  https://blogs.msmvps.com/haarongonzalez/how-to-create-hyperlink-that-open-infopath-client-software-a-k-a-infopath-filler/  

• 04-02-2018 09:50 AM In reply to

Great job & thanks for posting the solution for others!
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-19-2018 11:20 AM In reply to

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this!  You saved me.  I'd been searching for hours and finally found this post.  My filler form now opens from a sharepoint accesslink and I'm thrilled.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.